Financed by DeHeng (Wuhan) Law Offices, the DeHeng (Wuhan) Scholarship for Academic Exchange in International Law (hereinafter referred to as the Scholarship) is established by Wuhan University Institute of International Law (hereinafter referred to as the Institute) to promote academic research, exchange and collaboration with other institutions in the field of international law. The procedures and regulations for the operation of the Scholarship are as follows:
1. Scholars from academic institutes (including universities and research institutes and etc) around the world who conduct research and teaching in the field of international law (including public international law, private international law and international economic law) with strong academic background are eligible to apply for the Scholarship. Preference is given to those who have already had funded research project and wish to stay in the Institute for a short period to pursue their own research project.
2. Each year three to five candidates will be selected as the “DeHeng (Wuhan) Visiting Scholar of Wuhan University Institute of International Law” (hereinafter referred to as the Visiting Scholar). The length of the stay shall be 1-2 months.
3. Travel expense will be reimbursed by the Scholarship. It covers return domestic high-speed train journeys (second-class tickets) or economic flights if the distance between the Scholar’s residence and Wuhan is more than 1000 kilometers. An on-campus apartment will also be provided without charge. In addition, 3000 RMB will be paid by the Scholarship to cover the living costs in Wuhan. .
4. An academic staff from the Institute will be appointed as the contact person for the Visiting Scholar. The Visiting Scholar will be provided with an office equipped with a working computer. Full access to the law library and electronic databases such as Westlaw, LexisNexis, Heinonline will also be provided.
The Visiting Scholar is encouraged to participate fully in the activities of the Institute and the Law School of Wuhan University, including lectures, seminars, speeches, conferences and informal gatherings. The Visiting Scholar is also encouraged to engage in academic exchange with other staff of the Institute.
5. At the end of the stay, the Visiting Scholar shall submit a report (two copies) which summaries his participation of the programme, the research undertaken and any suggestion or advice for the Scholarship.
6. At the conclusion of the Scholarship, the Visiting Scholar will be presented with a “Certificate of DeHeng (Wuhan) Scholarship for Academic Exchange in International Law” by the Institute.
7. The Visiting Scholar shall acknowledge and indicate the support of the Scholarship in any publication and other research outputs undertaken during the period of the Scholarship.
8. Application and selection procedures are as follows,
(1) Applicants shall submit an application form via email at least 3 months in advance of the proposed stay.
(2) Applicants shall provide a permission letter from the current employer, a CV and a recommendation letter. The application form and recommendation letter form can be downloaded at the website of the Institute (http://translaw.whu.edu.cn).
(3) Optional materials include a copy of publications and funded research projects which will be used for selection purpose.
(4) Applications will be considered by the Management Committee of the Scholarship, comprising of the Director, Executive Director, Deputy Directors and senior fellows of the Institute. Decisions regarding the applications will be made and notified to the applicants within one month after receiving the application documents. If an application is approved, a formal invitation letter will be sent to the applicant.
(5) Candidates shall inform the Management Committee of any change or possible delay. Application for the extension of the stay shall be made to the Management Committee. The Management Committee will make decision within 15 days after receiving the extension application.
9. The Management Committee is responsible for the operation of the programme and has the exclusive power to make decisions concerning the Scholarship.
10. Contact information:
Ms. ZHAO Rui
Address: Institute of International Law, Wuhan University
Luojia Hill, Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei, 430072, P.R.China
Tel: ++86 (0)27-68756957
Fax: ++86 (0)27-68754154
DeHeng (Wuhan) Law Office Profile
DeHeng (Wuhan) Law Office (hereinafter as “DeHeng Wuhan Office”) is a branch office set up by DeHeng (Beijing) Law Office in January 2015 in Wuhan. It is our aim to localize legal services in South Central China and to provide clients legal services with efficiency and convenience. With a global strategy and vision, the headquarter in Beijing shares resources and expertise with DeHeng Wuhan Office.
DeHeng Wuhan Office offers professional legal services in a wide range of ares including civil and commercial litigation, criminal defense, arbitration and in-house counseling. We are specialized in capital operation (including company listing, restructuring, acquisition, merger, investment, separation and bidding), financial insurance, real estate construction, investment and financing, international trade, international finance, WTO dispute settlement, BOT, intellectual property, personal injury, traffic accidents and medical disputes.
DeHeng Wuhan Office has more than 50 lawyers and professional. Most of them graduate from top universities in China, including Renmin University, Wuhan University, Jilin University, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law. They have a wealth of professional experience.
Since the founding of DeHeng Wuhan Office, the average income for its full-time lawyer's has been among the the top three in Wuhan. It is ranked the first in 2007 with two million yuan. It has been awarded as “Outstanding Law Firm” by Hubei Provincial Bar Association.